For Private Events:
Please like The Baxter on our Facebook page and send a message through the page. You can find the link on our home page on this site. From there, we can determine a date and time, then begin to tailor the event to suit everyone’s individual needs. In the meantime, here is some general information to get you started:
– We do not rent the bar out on Saturdays or Sundays, unless we are bought out for the entire day. We do this so that we do not have conflicts with our Family Days.
– We have done bar/bat-mitzvahs, wedding pre-receptions, wedding receptions, buffet style rehearsal dinners, adult birthdays, company or departmental parties, Holiday parties, and Sorority/Fraternity mixers. We are always open to any type of private event.
– We allow catering, as long as the majority of the clean up is provided by the caterer or host. We provide six-foot long tables for the catering and trash bins, but that is the extent of what we provide.
– Hourly rates and block rates for rentals differ based on the season, the UNC academic calendar, day of the week and time of day. Typically, a private rental with “Free Play” on the arcades starts at $300 per hour and can go up to as much as $750 per hour for prime time/weekend bookings.
– Nick, the events manager, will determine your hourly price based on the above criteria, as well as the number of guests you plan on having.
– A deposit will be will required for any private event, or payment-in-full may be required if the event is less than 90 days from booking.
– Open bar tabs for events are not charged until the close of the events. Gratuity will be included on the alcohol tab when closed.
For Kid’s Parties:
– Kid’s parties may take place during our Saturday or Sunday Family Days, form 12PM to 6PM. It is free to host a small party, but you must sign up for a time slot.
– Sign up by liking The Baxter on Facebook and messaging us through the page. You can link to our Facebook on this website.
– Time slots are from 12 PM to 2 PM, 2 PM to 4PM, or 4 PM to 6 PM. We can do a maximum of two parties per time slot per day.
– No outside drinks may be brought in, save for sealed water bottles or juice boxes for children younger than 6 years old. All other drinks must be purchased through the bar.
– Pizza or cake may be brought in for the parties, but The Baxter will not provide any plates, napkins, or cutlery for the food. Please make sure you provide said items. We can set up some folding tables for food if need be.
– We have change machines for quarters that take 1’s, 5’s and 10’s, or you may purchase bulk quarters from us as long as we have notice one week prior to the party.
Any other questions can be answered by our Events Manager on our Facebook page.