Parties at Baxter Bar and Arcade are so much fun! While we love throwing private events, we have come to learn the importance of fair and transparent rules and invoicing. We must strike a balance between what’s good for both the customer and the business.
To that end, if you have rented us out before, please note that our pricing and hours are changing in 2020. While the rental price is not necessarily going “up“, we are going to become more strict about how we are rented, and the minimum hours that we are rentable. This is to ensure that our regular business sales are not negatively affected due to a private event. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Here are guidelines for how parties work at the Baxter:
- We are available for rental any day of the week from 12 pm – 2 am
- Guests must be 18 or older to attend by themselves, and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Our capacity is 200 persons
- We are rentable “by-the-hour” from 12PM until 8PM for $300 per hour. This cost includes free play on the arcades, fountain soft drinks, and staffing costs not including tips. This rate is for parties of 50 guests or less. Any events for more than 50 guests will incur extra costs, which will be explained and broken down during the invoicing phase of booking
- For events after 8PM, we require a total rental for the rest of the evening. The rental price for each night varies, based on the day of the week. However, each price includes free-play on the arcades, all staffing/security costs, and a house DJ. If you wish to provide your own entertainment, then we can subtract the cost of a DJ out during the invoicing process. We also reserve the right to request a damage or loss of property deposit at the time of invoicing
- Please note that DJ availability is limited due to the pandemic, so you may need to find your own entertainment should our roster of DJs become unavailable. The cost of an included DJ will be subtracted from the invoice total should this happen
- Please note that the rental price does not include any alcohol or gratuity on the alcohol tab. The bartenders are paid a variable base pay for private events, depending on the day of the week, but tips are always appreciated and will ensure stellar service
- Lastly, if you are renting us for the evening, you do not have to begin your event at 8PM. Also, you are not expected to stay until 2AM. However, the space will be available to you during those hours. Should the event end prior to 2AM, we will close the bar and arcade for the remainder of the night
Here are the evening rental prices for each night, including free play, door staff, game staff, security staff, and DJ:
- Monday: $2000
- Tuesday: $2500
- Wednesday: $3000
- Thursday: $3500
- Friday: $4000
- Saturday: $4500
- Additionally, you may cater food for your event. We will provide tables and waste receptacles, but the caterer must provide everything else needed for dining, including table cloths, cutlery, napkins, and plates
If these guidelines seem amenable to you, and you would like to book a date, then please contact Nick Stroud through the Baxter business page on Facebook. Or, call 919-869-7486 and leave a message.